Thermal EngineerFull Time.
Job Title: Thermal Engineer
Job Location: East Lothian (or within 20 mile radius)
Department: Central Services
Reporting to: Technical Director
Job Purpose: Competent, autonomous, hands-on engineer, able to take products from sketch through to drawing package and prototype assembly.
- Produce conceptual designs for the Sunamp Product Architecture Roadmap and evolve these through to production, with focus on heat pumping / refrigeration
- Create assembly/manufacture drawings for each product iteration.
- Build and test prototypes
- Undertake engineering tasks using established procedures & calculations
- Undertake engineering layouts for fit, form and function checking
- Preparation of documentation for engineering design files including project summary
- Observance of Safety and Environmental requirements
- Failure mode and effect analysis
- Preparation and Organisation of in-house product testing with Testing Engineer and Test Technicians
- Carry out tasks assigned by the Head of R&D
- Degree Qualified in a relevant Engineering Discipline, including thermodynamic analysis
- Proven track record of design and development
- Experience of engineering design and development process
- Good analytical skills
- Methodical approach to component design
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Proficient user of refrigeration/AC design packages
- Practiced at integration with electrical, electronic and hydraulic (water) sub-assemblies
- Engineering experience within the Energy sector
- Basic welding and soldering experience, with brazing and refrigeration fitting
- Communication skills, both oral and written, as you will need to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals and professional groups
- Listening skills and the ability to negotiate with and persuade others
- An emphasis on achievement of results and both energy and enthusiasm to ensure that objectives are met
- Initiative and leadership skills, and the ability to gain the trust, commitment and co-operation of others
- Teamworking skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Organisational skills, to deal with a diverse range of challenges
- Flexible and creative problem-solving ability
- Decision-making ability, particularly in sensitive areas such as the allocation of funds or organising staff levels
- A methodical approach, and the ability to analyse and process data
- Problem-solving skills, and the ability to find and employ creative solutions
- Numeracy and the ability to analyse complex issues, absorb information, understand data and identify underlying trends
- Adaptability and readiness to challenge existing practices and find alternatives
- The ability to cope with pressure, stress and ongoing change
- Able to travel worldwide (likely to be a regular requirement)
- Prepared to work flexibly within the team to ensure timely delivery of service.
Basis and Values:
- Able to respect the basis of, and work with, our values, showing a commitment to, and understanding of the Sunamp Ltd culture.
Is this YOU?! If so, apply today!
Apply For This Position