Production EngineerEast Lothian (The Factory)
Job Title: Production Engineer
Job Location: East Lothian (The Factory)
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
Job Purpose: The Production Engineer will use engineering skills, lean manufacturing tools, safety expertise and practical experience to transition products from ‘development’ to ‘manufacturing’ and to improve manufacturing processes and procedures which in turn improve efficiencies and product quality and reduce manufacturing costs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the engineering department to understand the product design, safety features, and quality standards then manage the transition from ‘development’ to ‘manufacturing’, and the control documentation for the transition.
- Create work instructions (WI) for every production process and manage the change procedure and documentation on identified improvements.
- Ensure training programmes are completed according to the WI and manage the associated training documentation.
- Assess and analyze current production methods, including work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provide the business with manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs
- Evaluate & develop new production processes by studying product requirements, observing operators, researching, testing and liaising with engineering, chemistry & suppliers.
- Improve production processes to improve efficiency, lower costs and improve product quality.
- Develop a culture of sustainable change through training on continuous improvement (CI) tools and lean methodologies.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Develop and execute safety plans ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards.
- Prepare, evaluate and enforce policies & procedures to establish a positive safety culture.
- Conducts risk assessments and safety audits on personnel, equipment and materials.
- Analyses accident & incident reports and propose improvement plans.
- Oversee issuing of work permits.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities and establishing standards.
Skill and Competency Requirements
Honours degree in production engineering or similar
Lean Manufacturing qualifications such as Six Sigma and/or practical experience of lean methodologies.
NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organisational and time management skills
Strategic thinker with strong interpersonal skills
Experience with ISO standards and managing BMS systems
At least 5 years industry experience
Is this YOU?! If so, apply today!
Apply For This Position