Management AccountantEast Lothian
Job Title: Management Accountant
Job Location: East Lothian
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
Job Purpose: This is a brand new role created with the intention of supervising the day to day activities of the junior accounts team and ensuring the companies’ finance function is organised and efficient. Working closely alongside and reporting to the CFO you will produce accurate financial, management accounts and support documentation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Reconciliation of information for the Management Accounts
- Timely production of internal financial reports
- Working with the different grant authorities dealing with and submitting claims to their own specific requirements
- Preparation and running the Payroll process
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Operation and Management of cost centres and multi-currency accounts
- Manage the credit control function
Skill and Competency Requirements
Because of the importance of this role, it requires the new team member to be at advanced level working with:
- Working with spreadsheets for the multiple departments
- Reconciliation of finance accounts
- Trial balance
- Pivot tables
- Working with sales/purchase ledger
- Processing sales orders and communicating with suppliers.
- Ensuring the correct PO procedure is followed by team members.
- Internal controls are implemented and maintained
As a person you will have a:
- Demonstratable knowledge of the Microsoft suite
- An excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite including Word, Powerpoint.
- An understanding and working knowledge of Sage and or other in-house accounting systems
- Confidence working with team members across all levels of the business.
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team
- Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner
- A basic understanding of bookkeeping
- Solid organisational skills with the ability to manage a changing workload.
- Excellent written and numeral skills
- Previous experience of working in a Finance Department or an accountancy firm
In return we offer you the opportunity to work with an emerging Technology Developer who is establishing themselves quickly in both International and UK markets. You will receive a fixed salary together with 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays plus an extra day off for your birthday, contributory pension scheme, free fruit on site, free parking, continuous role development.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
Is this YOU?! If so, apply today!
Apply For This Position