Engineering Technician - AutomotiveFull Time.
Job Title: Engineering Technician – Automotive
Job Location: East Lothian (or within 20 mile radius)
Department: Automotive Business Unit – Engineering
Reporting to: Senior Automotive Applications Engineer
Job Purpose: To work with the automotive engineering team on various engineering projects.
- Prototype development working both with drawing and free development work (not to drawing)
- Assembly of Sunamp automotive prototype products to include mechanical assembly, metal fabrication (steel, aluminium), coolant pipe work, working with plastic and electrical assembly.
- Assembly of prototype systems to vehicles which will include working to assembly drawings, free assembly work not to drawing and system integrity testing:
- Electrical continuity/insulation,
- Pressure testing,
- System testing
- Work in workshop assembling and filling the Sunamp products for small trials and testing.
- Setting up test rigs making sure the correct equipment, chemicals and test articles are available for the tests.
- Implementing the testing ensuring that the test rigs are functioning as planned.
- Recording and reporting the results of the tests.
- Update Senior Engineer as to progress and issues that arise.
- Manufacturing R+D samples for testing and verification.
- Implement and recommend improvements in R&D processes.
- Implement and recommend improvements in manufacturing and production processes.
- Initiate and promote good practice for efficiency and quality in the workshop for all Sunamp staff.
- Carry out any other task requested in the company or in Customer premises.
- Collaborating with other engineers, and workshop staff.
- Follow all strict Health and Safety procedures and safety checks.
- Ability to create quality prototype components, systems and assemblies (Neat, simple and robust solutions).
- Assemble for product and test articles with care and attention to detail.
- Work with a positive, enthusiastic attitude with other people.
- Express ideas and opinions openly and apply experience and lateral thinking in the analysis and identification of new problems.
- A well organised team player with the ability to interact with all staff within Sunamp Ltd.
Education and Skills
- Previous mechanical assembly experience required in the following areas:
- Automotive prototype development as advantage
- Prototype experience in similar high-quality industries (eg. Aeronautical, pharmaceutical, clean energy)
- Fabrication experience including welding, machining etc.
- Basic plastic welding and copper soldering experience.
- A knowledge of plumbing and low voltage electrical systems.
- Knowledge of automotive high voltage systems an advantage.
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- Basic understanding of engineering and chemistry.
Prepared to work flexibly within the team to ensure timely delivery of service
Basis and Values
Able to respect the basis of, and work with, our values, showing a commitment to, and understanding of, the Sunamp Ltd culture
Is this YOU?! If so, apply today!
Apply For This Position