Business Services ManagerEast Lothian
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Job Location: East Lothian
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
Job Purpose: Working closely with the Technical Director, the role supports both HVAC and CI business units by providing a full understanding of heating and ventilation services in buildings and Building Regulations and energy assessment tools e.g. SAP 2012 and SBEM.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with detailed HVAC system diagrams, plans and drawings
- Use specialist computer-aided design (CAD) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Experience of use and development of Building Information Modelling (BIM) to ensure systems are coordinated in a complex construction or refurbishment project
- manage and forecast spend, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is kept to budget and energy efficient systems are implemented
- design packages for site-specific integration to ASHP etc. as required
- oversee and supervise the installation of building systems and specify maintenance and operating procedures
- monitor building systems and processes
- make decisions about expired systems equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment
- liaise closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors and in-house engineering project teams
- attend a range of project group and technical meetings
- ensure that the design and maintenance of heating systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- advise clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, with the aim of minimising the site’s environmental impact and reducing its carbon footprint
- work on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
Skill and Competency Requirements
Naturally you will have excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects. Experience of collaborating with internal and external project partners you will be able to use AutoCad, Revit, SAP with ease. A self-reliant character and able to work well using your own initiative you will have an excellent standard of both verbal and written English.
You Qualify by having a
- Degree qualified (or HND/HNC with experience) in Building Services, Environmental or Mechanical engineering, and preferably Chartered.
- HVAC (ventilation, heating, air conditioning etc) competence is a MUST
- Possess at least 5+ years post graduate building services design and project engineering experience.
We are so proud of what we have achieved to date, but even more excited about we will achieve in the future. We offer an excellent working package, extra days off for your birthday as well as free fruit on site. We really do care take our team’s development to the next level.
Is this YOU?! If so, apply today!
Apply For This Position