Automotive Applications EngineerFull Time, Permanent. Circa £30,000 plus benefits.
Job Title: Automotive Applications Engineer
Job Location: Potential of Home Based with extensive travel.
Responsible to: Global Automotive Business Manager
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Circa £30,000 plus benefits
Job Purpose: The Automotive Applications Engineer is responsible for supporting the design, development, prototype build and test of customer specific and R&D products. Alongside sales you will act as a commercial interface within the automotive industry sector. This post will require excellent communication, presentation skills as well as engineering skills working with both the Senior Project Engineers, Concept Design Engineer, Materials Team, sales and the customer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Commercial engineering and design requirements
- Support the Global Automotive Business Manager to visit customers and attend exhibitions wherever necessary to maximise exposure to the product.
- Work with Global Automotive Business Manager and Senior Automotive Applications Engineer to agree specification of work required for the customer.
- Work, with support from Senior Automotive Applications Engineer to complete specification for the customer.
- Communicate with Global Automotive Business Manager once specification is completed to reach delivery and implementation engineering requirements.
- Work with customer to ensure the specified solution is well implemented customer specific and R&D prototypes.
- Work with Senior Automotive Applications Engineer to build and test
R&D Requirement Led specifications
These requirements come either from internal discussion or R&D programmes that have completed and have given rise to other R&D requirements.
This will include:
- Work with the Materials team as required to look at using new materials and how they can be best encapsulated for the automotive use case.
- Work with the Senior Automotive Applications Engineer to ensure the work is in line with the department vision to approach the Tier 1.
- With guidance, specify, design and build the prototype to prepare for trial.
- Implement the design solution on a vehicle and test.
- Prepare specific test programmes and oversee testing to collect and analyse data that includes building test rigs etc.
- Ability to present findings to both customer and internal teams.
- Support the implementation of Automotive design and production processes into the business.
- Take solution to customer with Global Business Development
Skill and Competency Requirements
- Industry Experience of the HVAC systems within automotive including niche vehicles is preferred.
- Understand the role of the PCM and thereafter TCM storage, can make for the Automotive industry.
- Constantly promote Vehicle Evaluation, quality and performance improvement.
- Support preparations for project meetings and presentation.
- Teamworking skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- Working within health and safety regulations.
- Awareness of ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and TS 16949
- Communication skills, both oral and written, as you will need to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals and professional groups.
- Listening skills and the ability to negotiate with and persuade others.
- Organisational skills, to deal with a diverse range of challenges.
- Ability to maintain accurate project timesheet data.
- Flexible and creative problem-solving ability.
- A methodical approach, and the ability to analyse and process data.
- Problem-solving skills, and the ability to find and employ creative solutions.
- Numeracy and the ability to analyse complex issues, absorb information, understand data and identify underlying trends.
- Adaptability and readiness to challenge existing practices and find alternatives.
- The ability to cope with pressure, stress and ongoing change.
Education and Skills Required
- Degree/equivalent in relevant area.
- Experience in a workshop environment.
- Understanding of chemistry.
- Basic welding experience.
- Travel worldwide essential
- Prepared to work flexibly within the team to ensure timely delivery of service.
Is this YOU?! If so, apply today!
Apply For This Position