Sunamp Are Recruiting For…
Head of Engineering
Our Head of Engineering is responsible for leading all development, designing and build of product. Taking new R&D developments in conjunction with input from the Product Manager design, develop and build products ready full-scale production.
This role would be a excellent step up for an already established Engineering Manager or Senior Engineering Lead who can demonstrate working in a similar environment, managing teams and driving an innovative department forward.
You will be participating as part of the senior management team with key inputs into strategy and management at the local and strategic level as well as being responsible for the design through to production readiness of the Sunamp Product lines.
Experience of setting product plans and goals to ensure the design is robust, practical and can be productionised is paramount as is leading and managing the entire engineering function on a daily basis.
You will have a track records of managing and executing product development projects against delivery commitment and project plans with a practical knowledge of the development of IP.
As this role is very much at the heart of future growth you will ensure design engineering quality standards are promoted but just as importantly work collaboratively with the Product Manager, Production Manager and Head of Materials.
This is a brand new role with a blank canvas for you to make your own! Your responsible for defining the why, when, and what product our engineering team builds. Leading cross functional teams from product conception to launch.
Main role functions will include but not limit:
- Responsible for the vision and strategy of existing and new project roll out, in conjunction with senior management.
- Responsible for Sunamp’s international portfolio of products from design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, promotion, customer support, and finally product end of life.
- Delivers the product plan to deliver the UK and ROW Roadmaps of Products
- Responsible for pricing of products for markets and channels.
- Translating market/customer needs into product propositions that met their needs, creating the business cases, statement of requirements and championing the products with in the business.
- Responsible for product certification for all territories
- Liaising with both Engineering and production to manage sign off of prototype with all relevant data and on through top scale production
- Ensuring the marketing analysis is maintained and advising of changes and driving the UK and European Product Strategy to meet those changes.
Joining an established engineering team, this newly created role will:
- Produce conceptual designs for the Sunamp Product Architecture Roadmap and evolve these through to production, with focus on heat pumping / refrigeration
- Create assembly/manufacture drawings for each product iteration.
- Build and test prototypes
- Undertake engineering tasks using established procedures & calculations
- Undertake engineering layouts for fit, form and function checking
- Preparation of documentation for engineering design files including project summary
- Observance of Safety and Environmental requirements
- Failure mode and effect analysis
- Preparation and Organisation of in-house product testing with Testing Engineer and Test Technicians
- Carry out tasks assigned by the Head of R&D
What can you bring:
- Degree Qualified in a relevant Engineering Discipline, including thermodynamic analysis
- Proven track record of design and development
- Experience of engineering design and development process
- Good analytical skills
- Methodical approach to component design
- Superb communication skills to work on a collaborative basis.
- Sunamp is all about teamwork, we expect everyone to take an interest and work together!
- Initiative and leadership skills, and the ability to gain the trust, commitment and co-operation of others
- Organisational skills, to deal with a diverse range of challenges
As a company we are proud of what we have achieved so far but even more so about what lies ahead. We are looking for new dedicated team members to join a company that will provide development, challenge, diversity as well as an excellent package, an extra day off for your birthday as well as free fruit!
For further details, get in touch
As a Controls Engineer with us you will be involved in product and engineering controls for all Sunamp products and for specific Sunamp HVAC packages and projects, product documentation, applications, product controls development, and regulatory code compliance.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- designing and developing new control systems to deliver algorithms to optimise charging times to optimise the running of the Sunamp Heat Battery, the package it is working with and the energy tariff.
- design and develop control systems to optimise the running of all Sunamp products
- testing, maintaining and improving existing systems
- writing computer software code and test procedures
- Perform complex installation, testing, upgrades, start-up/commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of electronic components in accordance with industry standards.
- working collaboratively with internal design engineers, project managers and other internal staff
- liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
- providing controls to projects within cost and time constrained environments
- understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
- analysing data and presenting findings in written reports, creating content for engineering documentation for distribution to internal and external customers.
- Works safely and promotes a safe work environment for others.
Business Services Manager
Working closely with the Technical Director, the role supports both HVAC and CI business units by providing a full understanding of heating and ventilation services in buildings and Building Regulations and energy assessment tools e.g. SAP 2012 and SBEM.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work with detailed HVAC system diagrams, plans and drawings
- Use specialist computer-aided design (CAD) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Experience of use and development of Building Information Modelling (BIM) to ensure systems are coordinated in a complex construction or refurbishment project
- manage and forecast spend, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is kept to budget and energy efficient systems are implemented
- design packages for site-specific integration to ASHP etc. as required
- oversee and supervise the installation of building systems and specify maintenance and operating procedures
- monitor building systems and processes
- make decisions about expired systems equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment
- liaise closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors and in-house engineering project teams
- attend a range of project group and technical meetings
- ensure that the design and maintenance of heating systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- advise clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, with the aim of minimising the site’s environmental impact and reducing its carbon footprint
- work on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
Naturally you will have excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects. Experience of collaborating with internal and external project partners you will be able to use AutoCad, Revit, SAP with ease. A self-reliant character and able to work well using your own initiative you will have an excellent standard of both verbal and written English.
You Qualify by having a
- Degree qualified (or HND/HNC with experience) in Building Services, Environmental or Mechanical engineering, and preferably Chartered.
- HVAC (ventilation, heating, air conditioning etc) competence is a MUST
- Possess at least 5+ years post graduate building services design and project engineering experience.
We are so proud of what we have achieved to date, but even more excited about we will achieve in the future. We offer an excellent working package, extra days off for your birthday as well as free fruit on site. We really do care take our team’s development to the next level.
This is a brand new role created with the intention of supervising the day to day activities of the junior accounts team and ensuring the companies’ finance function is organised and efficient. Working closely alongside and reporting to the CFO you will produce accurate financial, management accounts and support documentation.
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Reconciliation of information for the Management Accounts
- Timely production of internal financial reports
- Working with the different grant authorities dealing with and submitting claims to their own specific requirements
- Preparation and running the Payroll process
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Operation and Management of cost centres and multi-currency accounts
- Manage the credit control function
Because of the importance of this role, it requires the new team member to be at advanced level working with
- Working with spreadsheets for the multiple departments
- Reconciliation of finance accounts
- Trial balance
- Pivot tables
- Working with sales/purchase ledger
- Processing sales orders and communicating with suppliers.
- Ensuring the correct PO procedure is followed by team members.
- Internal controls are implemented and maintained
As a person you will have a
- Demonstratable knowledge of the Microsoft suite
- An excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite including Word, Powerpoint.
- An understanding and working knowledge of Sage and or other in-house accounting systems
- Confidence working with team members across all levels of the business.
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team
- Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner
- A basic understanding of bookkeeping
- Solid organisational skills with the ability to manage a changing workload.
- Excellent written and numeral skills
- Previous experience of working in a Finance Department or an accountancy firm
In return we offer you the opportunity to work with an emerging Technology Developer who is establishing themselves quickly in both International and UK markets. You will receive a fixed salary together with 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays plus an extra day off for your birthday, contributory pension scheme, free fruit on site, free parking, continuous role development.
Future Career Opportunities
Project Manager (Macmerry)
OEM Sales Manager (Based in Macmerry with travel)
OEM Support Manager (Based in Macmerry with travel)
Procurement Manager (Macmerry)
Regional Business Development Manager – South West
Software Engineer (Macmerry)
M&E Engineer (Macmerry)
Test Engineers (Mats and Systems) *3 (Macmerry)
What We Do
Phase change materials have been tried and tested many times before but it takes a great deal of creativity and application to make them work effectively. We have pioneered this in the built environment, tackling fuel poverty and developing a range of products which, so far, have been installed in over 1000 homes.
More recently Sunamp technology has expanded into the automotive sector, addressing problems of air pollution by reducing emissions to improve air quality.
Sunamp batteries address vehicle thermal management challenges such as engine and cabin warm up, catalytic converter temperature fluctuation and battery thermal conditioning and HVAC systems.
We are very ambitious. We believe in taking smart risks and actively foster a collaborative culture where ideas are shared. We also know that thinking big requires certain skills, passion, an adventurous spirit and a rigorous approach.
Sunamp has a share option scheme for all staff. We want all our staff to be able to be part of the future success of the company.
Our Team Make Us Who We Are
Sunamp is made up of very talented individuals who are well respected in their roles. Personality is key and our team reaches their individual and collective goals because of their collaboration with each other.
Great things about working with Sunamp
Sunamp is a small but fast growing company with lots of great opportunities. The work is challenging and interesting. The people are clever, interesting individuals who have risen to the challenge and all want to do their bit to combat climate change.
We also have fun together.
We have a fleet of EVs and charging points.
And we have free fruit.