Sunamp Are Recruiting For…
Our Thermal Engineers working in the built environment, are competent, autonomous, hands on engineers with the ability to take products from sketch through to drawing packages and prototype assembly.
To be part of the team you have a qualified track record in engineering design and development, proficiency in the use of refrigeration/AC design packages with experience in the energy sector. You will have practiced integration with electrical, electronic and hydraulic (water) sub-assemblies and at all points of workflow report with ease on findings whilst working as part of the team to meet project deadlines. The role requires a methodical approach to design and delivery as well as embracing a great team working in a collaborative open environment.
Head of Engineering
Our Head of Engineering is responsible for leading all development, designing and build of product. Taking new R&D developments in conjunction with input from the Product Manager design, develop and build products ready full-scale production.
This role would be a excellent step up for an already established Engineering Manager or Senior Engineering Lead who can demonstrate working in a similar environment, managing teams and driving an innovative department forward.
You will be participating as part of the senior management team with key inputs into strategy and management at the local and strategic level as well as being responsible for the design through to production readiness of the Sunamp Product lines.
Experience of setting product plans and goals to ensure the design is robust, practical and can be productionised is paramount as is leading and managing the entire engineering function on a daily basis.
You will have a track records of managing and executing product development projects against delivery commitment and project plans with a practical knowledge of the development of IP.
As this role is very much at the heart of future growth you will ensure design engineering quality standards are promoted but just as importantly work collaboratively with the Product Manager, Production Manager and Head of Materials.
HVAC Controls Engineer
As a Controls Engineer with us you will be involved in product and engineering controls for all Sunamp products and for specific Sunamp HVAC packages and projects, product documentation, applications, product controls development, and regulatory code compliance.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- designing and developing new control systems to deliver algorithms to optimise charging times to optimise the running of the Sunamp Heat Battery, the package it is working with and the energy tariff.
- design and develop control systems to optimise the running of all Sunamp products
- testing, maintaining and improving existing systems
- writing computer software code and test procedures
- Perform complex installation, testing, upgrades, start-up/commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of electronic components in accordance with industry standards.
- working collaboratively with internal design engineers, project managers and other internal staff
- liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
- providing controls to projects within cost and time constrained environments
- understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
- analysing data and presenting findings in written reports, creating content for engineering documentation for distribution to internal and external customers.
- Works safely and promotes a safe work environment for others.
Future Career Opportunities
Project Manager (Macmerry)
OEM Sales Manager (Based in Macmerry with travel)
Procurement Manager (Macmerry)
Regional Business Development Manager – South West
Software Engineer (Macmerry)
M&E Engineer (Macmerry)
Test Engineers (Mats and Systems) *3 (Macmerry)
Recruitment Application Form (Quick)
What We Do
Phase change materials have been tried and tested many times before but it takes a great deal of creativity and application to make them work effectively. We have pioneered this in the built environment, tackling fuel poverty and developing a range of products which, so far, have been installed in over 1000 homes.
More recently Sunamp technology has expanded into the automotive sector, addressing problems of air pollution by reducing emissions to improve air quality.
Sunamp batteries address vehicle thermal management challenges such as engine and cabin warm up, catalytic converter temperature fluctuation and battery thermal conditioning and HVAC systems.
We are very ambitious. We believe in taking smart risks and actively foster a collaborative culture where ideas are shared. We also know that thinking big requires certain skills, passion, an adventurous spirit and a rigorous approach.
Sunamp has a share option scheme for all staff. We want all our staff to be able to be part of the future success of the company.
Our Team Make Us Who We Are
Sunamp is made up of very talented individuals who are well respected in their roles. Personality is key and our team reaches their individual and collective goals because of their collaboration with each other.
Great things about working with Sunamp
Sunamp is a small but fast growing company with lots of great opportunities. The work is challenging and interesting. The people are clever, interesting individuals who have risen to the challenge and all want to do their bit to combat climate change.
We also have fun together.
We have a fleet of EVs and charging points.
And we have free fruit.